BlueSciCon Episode 37: The Descent of Math
Dr. Sara Walker
Beverage: Seltzer Water
Listen: [mp3 download]
Questions to consider:
- Why does the universe seem comprehensible, and why should beings like us be here to comprehend it?
- How does our knowledge about the laws of physics permit us to access new physical states of the world?
- Do other creatures–such as birds or beavers–engage in knowledge manipulation of their environments? Are there early examples of the emergence of math, prior to the evolution of humans?
- Is the development of mathematics inevitable?
- Could we discover future, yet unknown, developments that make available new physical states of the world?
[ca_audio url=”http://beerwith.bmsis.org/BlueSciCon_37_APR2015.mp3″ width=”500″ height=”27″ css_class=”codeart-google-mp3-player”]