Thank you for your interest in joining the Blue Marble Space Institute of Science!
A 501(c)3 non-profit science organization committed to cutting-edge research and science communication.
We are actively recruiting motivated, talented and outgoing researchers in disciplines related to Earth System Science and Space Exploration. Please read the following for a description of the benefits, responsibilities and requirements associated with a BMSIS affiliation.
- Submit federal/private grants through BMSIS with a 10% overhead rate
- Payments as an independent contractor
- @bmsis.org email address
- Profile on the bmsis.org/people page
- Internal review of draft manuscripts and proposals by BMSIS scientists
- Opportunities to participate in virtual seminars (see bmsis.org/podcast)
- Opportunities to participate in new or existing initiatives (see bluemarblespace.org/initiatives)
- Press release of published manuscripts
- Provide a “notice of intent” to submit any manuscripts or proposals when using a BMSIS affiliation
- Contribute to the internal review process
- Provide short and extended summaries of published papers, in addition to recording an audio interview (see bmsis.org/publications)
- Become involved in S.A.G.A.N.: blog about research, become a mentor, post interesting news, etc.
- Become involved in BMSIS “Ask Me Anything” discussions on Reddit
- Recommendation from a current BMSIS scientist
- Copy of current curriculum vitae
- Personal statement describing your interest in BMSIS and broad research goals (200-400 words)
- Science communication is core to the BMSIS philosophy. Please provide a brief personal statement about your commitment to outreach (100-250 words)
- Please send this information in an email addressed to: email@example.com